Would you like to work for a successful engineering company in Holytown that specialises in the design, manufacture, installation and support of Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation Process control systems, providing bespoke solutions to a range of sectors?
They shall use a working knowledge of industrial electrical systems to conduct new installations, maintenance/fault-finding on existing systems. The candidate must have the ability to read Electrical drawings where required, install new panel systems, including containment, glanding, terminating and testing to Kirkton standards, maintaining those systems while upholding safety guidelines and complying with current codes and regulations.
All installations will be delivered on time and to the highest quality. The successful applicant will work to minimize any Health & Safety, Financial or Technical risks associated with the role.
Main purpose of the Role
- Working alongside the Site supervisor, collaborating closely with them continually to assist with the day-to-day delivery of projects, while working safely and in accordance with programme requirements, project specifications and Kirkton’s procedures
- Maintain a good understanding of project requirements, following planning and personnel work packs, reacting to any changes that may occur
- Ensure the installation provided is in accordance with the client specifications, current legislation and agreed scope of works.
This position will be responsible to conduct & install, maintenance and testing. You will install new electrical systems, including containment, glanding, terminating and testing to Kirkton standards.
Working within this busy team, you will be responsible for delivering a varied portfolio of projects from initial design, commissioning, and ongoing customer support.
- Must have completed an Electrical Modern Apprenticeship in an industrial environment
- Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent)
- Electrical control instrumentation experience
- Panel control system experience
- Ability to read electrical drawings, panel drawings and wiring diagrams
- Extensive knowledge & understanding of Electrical systems
- Good Literacy & IT skills
- ECS H&S
- Select 209 & 214 Inspection & Testing (Inc Periodic Insp 7 Testing) BS7671
- 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
Skill & Personal Attributes
- Highly motivated, energetic
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills, ability to engage with all stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace
- Strive to provide a superior customer service
Competitive salary and benefits
Additional qualifications/Training may also be provided
What to do next
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected]